Mrs. Hornick Goes To Washington

This summer I consider myself extremely fortunate to be a part of not one, but two teacher travel programs. Through the first program, the Transatlantic Outreach Program (TOP) I spent three weeks exploring the country of Germany and learning how to bring various subjects surrounding contemporary Germany back to my students. 

After celebrating the fourth of July back in Iowa, I’m on the road again, this time with a few of my close friends and colleagues to attend the Belfer Conference. This national teaching conference is held at the United States Holocaust Memorial museum. This is a free conference for educators with the only costs being for transportation and accommodations. The museum also provides a select number of conference participants with scholarships to cover part or all of their travel costs.

The Belfer Conference provides educators with opportunities to share their rationales, strategies and ideas for how to teach the Holocaust, as well as provides teachers with a variety of resources, First Person accounts and museum access not available to the public. Once again I’m hitting the skies and I hope you’ll join me as I head to Washington D.C.!